The subway is a world of its own. no matter if you are a native New yorker- as soon as you walk down the steps onto the subway platform- it seems like a new country- full of unique social norms, rules, and conduct. In this blog, I will be posting my observations of the behavior in the subway.Feel free to make any comments or pose any questions...

a unique perspective

a unique perspective
Looking into a window from underground

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Through the turnstyle one last time

The class is over and I'm procrastinating my other work but I felt like this blog needed closure.
With all these observations and conclusions about the feel of the underground world of metaphor.

I think we have forgotten that it is truly something special and the city still depends on this very old infrastructure even more than when it was first built, despite all the technological advances that have sprung forth since the start of the digging of the first track.

I don't know what else to say except goodbye and I hope you've enjoyed my blog. I don't know who else might still be reading it or if anyone actually has- but farewell. Next time you are in the subway- whether its london or chicago or russia or whereever-just think of the history and struggle that must've taken place to achieve such a large task and what the subway means to the city, its feel, and breathe it all in.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a person with a cheerful and optimistic disposition but still cynical and slightly morbid. I am all about honesty, practicality, and efficiency. Where do babies come from? A stork? i think not. Tell the kidlets the truth instead of scarring them for life and costing them thousands of dollars in therapy when they're 40. although it'll probably happen anyway. I am also the person who thinks about what others don't. Like life insurance.

Blog Archive

"Chance:Pay owner twice what he is owed"

"Chance:Pay owner twice what he is owed"
Take a ride.